Jump to content

Week 31


rev.dennis

158 views

If you are looking for the Blog entries for weeks 29 and 30 you won't find them since the doctor wants Kate's body to heal.  So no chemo and no bloodwork for the two weeks but back at it today 9/14

Bloodwork, Chemo, Biopsy, Puncture??

Bloodwork Results

  • Potassium: 
  • Bilirubin(Liver Function)
  • White Blood Cells (WBC 4.0-10.0): 2.9
  • Hemoglobin (HGB 11.5-16.0): 10.5
  • Platelets (PLT 150-500): 26

image.png

Transfusions

  • Blood: NO
  • Platelets: NO (only if less than 10)

Procedures

  • Lumbar Puncture: NO
  • BoneMarrow Biopsy: NO

Chemo

  • Methotrexate via IV drip (avg __min infusion): NO
  • Vincristine via IV drip (avg 5min infusion): NO
  • Pegasparagus via drip (avg infusion): NO
  • Cyclosphomine: NO
  • Cytarabine: NO
  • Rituxan via IV drip (avg 1.5 hour infusion): YES
  • Daunorubicin via Syring (avg 5min infusion): NO <--causes hair loss

So Doctor Yang is still concerned that Kate's Platelets aren't coming up which is preventing the final round of chemo so in two weeks, he's going to attack this with a hybrid approach by giving Kate Pegasparagus and Steroids and possibly Vincristine (which is a maybe on the Vincristine since its known to reduce platelets by alot).

Dr Yang mentioned Kate can take the Lirica for her neuropathy twice a day (even though the bottle says once a day) since Kate has been experiencing so much pain in her feet.

Since they are injecting the Rituxin today via the Port we know Kate will have a fever we must fight the next couple of days.

2 Comments


Recommended Comments

Last night has been rough, trying to get her fever down. It definitely has been stubborn.

Kept checking her temp around 8pm because she was having chills and shaking but no fever. Then by 9 she had a fever so switched from Fago Rock n Rye to water. Put cold cloth on her and by 9:45 we were up to 103.7

Tried Tylenol and it still climbing at 10:30 and so she got a dose of Motrin as well and it just wouldn’t go down so I started a Luke warm bath and she was in that for a good half an hour. Went down to 101 and it went back up to a 103

Got her out of the bath and into bed and her she rests. Just checked fever at 11:35pm and it’s down to 101.. will check in 10min (we need two consecutive good temps before I can rest even though I’m out of ideas).

Dr Yang said if it gets to 104 and we can’t get it down in 30min she has to go to the hospital which is why I’m monitoring it so closely. It happens anytime they insert anything through her port. It could be saline solution or chemo... she’ll get a fever but not with withdrawals like when they take her blood. It’s so weird.

Today she seems to be maintaining a below 100 temp so I "think" we are in the clear but will monitor her today to make sure it doesn't come back because once its back its a serious pain to get rid of.

Link to comment
Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Blog Comments

    • We are home now. They decided to go with option #1 and have Kate keep weight off her right leg with the help of a walker (crutches temporarily).  We have to call an orthopedic office tomorrow. kate asked for Zofran while she was in the hospital and ever since she got it introduced to her body via IV, she’s felt sick to her stomach. I made her grilled cheese but she just can’t bring herself to eat.  She isn’t eaten anything all day and she’s hungry but anything she can think of for food
    • Praying for the best option for Kate.  We all know how stubborn she can be (family trait??)but we are also here to help with her recovery.  Sending my Babycakes some positive vibes for a positive outcome.    
    • Poor Kate got sick from the medicine they injected in her IV for the MRI but she’s back in the Exam room waiting for results from the Orthopedic doctor after they review the MRI results which will tell us n which direction (options) are available.
    • Now she’s getting MRI. First ortho doc said we have three potential treatments since she’s been walking around “okay”, they may just tell her to continue walking around but keep weight off the leg and use a walker to get around and help keep the weight off while the body heals the fracture. they could do surgery and put metal in to hold it all together Worse case scenario is they replace the entire hip which is not preferred or ideal. if they go with optio
    • We just got moved into Exam Room 22. Kate feels a bit better with her shoes off and slipper socks on and laying down... but now we listen to the sounds of a hospital. Ding ding ding goes the machine
  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...