If you are looking for the Blog entries for weeks 29 and 30 you won't find them since the doctor wants Kate's body to heal. So no chemo and no bloodwork for the two weeks but back at it today 9/14
Bloodwork, Chemo, Biopsy, Puncture??
- Bilirubin(Liver Function):
- White Blood Cells (WBC 4.0-10.0): 2.9
- Hemoglobin (HGB 11.5-16.0): 10.5
- Platelets (PLT 150-500): 26
- Blood: NO
- Platelets: NO (only if less than 10)
- Lumbar Puncture: NO
- BoneMarrow Biopsy: NO
- Methotrexate via IV drip (avg __min infusion): NO
- Vincristine via IV drip (avg 5min infusion): NO
- Pegasparagus via drip (avg infusion): NO
- Cyclosphomine: NO
- Cytarabine: NO
- Rituxan via IV drip (avg 1.5 hour infusion): YES
- Daunorubicin via Syring (avg 5min infusion): NO <--causes hair loss
So Doctor Yang is still concerned that Kate's Platelets aren't coming up which is preventing the final round of chemo so in two weeks, he's going to attack this with a hybrid approach by giving Kate Pegasparagus and Steroids and possibly Vincristine (which is a maybe on the Vincristine since its known to reduce platelets by alot).
Dr Yang mentioned Kate can take the Lirica for her neuropathy twice a day (even though the bottle says once a day) since Kate has been experiencing so much pain in her feet.
Since they are injecting the Rituxin today via the Port we know Kate will have a fever we must fight the next couple of days.